Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 5: Styles

Happily Ever After? A Prince's Perspective  - plot twist: what if?
I really like this style.  I like that it tells the story from a different point of view.  It makes the same old story something new a different, yet still familiar.  You always wonder what the other person is thinking or doing so I think it would be really fun to write about it.  I also like that it keeps the story going.  The stories always end once the prince and princess kiss, but we all know that there is more to it than just that.  I also liked that the princes question their choices.  The picture on the homepage of this blog was really cute too.

Legendary Heroines: Four Courageous Women - diary posts (one story, multiple entries)
This is one of my favorite styles.  I really liked this blog.  I like that she had four different characters and they each had several stories.  I think this makes it fun to read because it's so different than what we are used to reading, especially in a historical context.  I kind of did this style this week with the story Susku and Mushu.  I told the whole story from the sparrow's point of view.  It was kind of difficult at first, especially because the story and ending were a lot different than anything I have read so far for this class, but once I figured out what I wanted to do it was really fun.

Fairy Godmother: Diary Thief - diary posts (one story, multiple people)
This is also one of my favorite styles.  I really like being able to tell the same story but from different points of view.  It's really fun to write and it makes me feel more creative.  I think it would be really fun to write in this style for an evil character.  It would be fun to show why they are evil or that they really are good but people always associate them with being bad.  I used this style earlier in the semester with the story of the cat and the fox.  The cat had only one escape plan and the fox had several.  I told the story from both perspectives.  I had to change the ending to do so, but it was a lot of fun to write.

The Cases of Petunia Tabernacle - therapy sessions
I thought this was really cute and unique idea, especially since she used Disney princesses.  I like that the therapist is almost like a dating coach or someone from a talk show; she seems very loud and upbeat, not really what you'd imagine for a therapist.  I was expecting it to be more from the patients's point of view, rather than the therapist's, but I think that made it all the more interesting and entertaining to read.  It kind of showed how the princesses stories ended the way they did because of the therapist.

Titan Tale: Brother Therapy - group therapy
This would be a really fun style to use for characters that are "evil."  It kind of reminded me of the beginning of "Wreck It Ralph."  All the bad characters are basically an AA meeting.  They're all nice but their characters have to be the bad guys and destroy stuff.  I think this would fun to write from different kinds of evil characters, like not just focus on dragons or werewolves, but write from each of their perspectives and how each one deals with the prejudices placed upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment