Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Reading Diary Week 7: Nigerian Folk Stories

Nigerian Folk Stories

Part A:

Of the Pretty Stranger Who Killed the King
I didn't think the witch would actually go through with it.  I definitely wasn't expect her to behead him, I thought if anything she would just stab him or cut his throat.  I like that it tells you the moral of the story at the end.

Why the Bat flies by Night
I thought this was pretty cute.  And now we know why bats are nocturnal.

Part B:

The Lightning and the Thunder
This was a cute story.  I like that the thunder and lightning are a sheep and ram and that they were forced to live in the sky.

Why Dead People are Buried
This was really interesting.  I blame the sheep more than the dog though.

Why the Moon Waxes and Wanes
I really like these creation type stories.  It's interesting to hear why things are the way they are from different countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment