These are just some of the stories from Aesop (Winter) that I really liked.
Part A:
The Wolf and the Kid:
I liked this story the first time I read it when the class first started. I think it's a cute story. I know the moral is to not lose sight of what you're after, but I think it's also important to know that if you don't let fear cloud your mind too much, you just might get saved.
The Tortoise and the Ducks:
The first part of this story, about the tortoise being lazy because of the house on his back and his short legs, reminds me of how I feel Monday mornings carrying my heavy backpack around on campus haha. Then I finished and thought, "Oh." Sometimes not saying anything really is better than saying something.
The Dog, the Cock, and the Fox:
I thought the Dog would save the Cock since they're best friends, but I surprised by the quickness of it.
The Eagle and the Jackdaw:
What is a Jackdaw and why does the farmer call the Eagle that?
The Oxen and the Wheels :
This reminds me of some people I'm friends with. Or people eating at restaurants that are just so demanding. They complain that their service was terrible and their waitress didn't wait on them hand and foot like she wasn't busy with other tables as well.
Part B:
The Fox and the Leopard:
It's better to be intelligent and skilled than to just have good looks.
The Spendthrift and the Swallow :
I really liked this story. It reminds me of the spring semester on campus. One day it'll be 70 degrees and sunny in January, and everyone is wearing tshirts. The next day, it'll be 45 degrees and sunny and everyone is freezing in their tshirts. Just because it was nice one day, doesn't mean it's here to stay just yet.
The Astrologer
I can definitely relate to the Astrologer. I am constantly worrying about the future and what I need to do to be successful when I get there, that I forget to focus on the present and getting things done now.
The Mischievous Dog
I think this is a really important lesson. Just because you're notorious for something doesn't always mean it's a good thing. Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan are notorious for being drunk and doing crazy things, but those aren't good things to be known for.
The Rose and the Butterfly
I really liked this story just because it was so different than the rest.
You can't expect others, not just romantic partners but friends as well, to constantly be there if you aren't constantly there for them either.


No comments:
Post a Comment