Friday, September 5, 2014

Comment Wall

Leave comments here!

2 comments:

  1. Liz,

    I also read the Tejas Unit, and “The Maiden Who Fell in Love With a Star” was one of my favorite stories from that unit. I love that you turned this story into a diary; I think that particular story was a perfect candidate for that style. I have to agree with your thoughts in your author’s note. I thought the story was so bizarre and far-fetched, but something about it really stuck with me while reading it. I also enjoyed the picture you chose to represent your storytelling; it’s absolutely stunning to look at. I really liked how you kept the same theme, telling all the stories in diary form. I am actually doing that for my storybook and have really enjoyed creating the posts. I feel like diary posts allow for you to be more creative and imaginative, since you’re functionally providing background insight to the original stories or characters. For your second post where you wrote the posts about the Fox and the Cat, I really enjoyed how you wrote from both perspectives. I thought that was extremely clever and insightful. Like for any story, hearing both sides is usually extremely helpful. Great job! I cannot wait to see which posts you include next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your compilation of stories in your portfolio! I think my favorite one so far was “The Diary of the Maiden.” I had no idea as to what was going to happen – I thought that the star would actually turned into a human and the narrator (for most of diary) would live happily ever after with him. And when she went to visit the witch, I believed that the witch was going to end up tricking her. Surprisingly, things didn’t go the way I expected, for which I was particularly glad concerning my second thought. Anyways, this was so interesting to read!

    My second favorite story happens to be the “Crow Diaries” story. Like for the first story, I was surprised throughout the second. I did not expect a domino effect to occur, which ended up killing a farmer whose life was completely unrelated to either the mouse’s, beetle’s, or crow’s. Because this retelling was so interesting, I decided to read the original story. I’ve got to say, I really like how you took the story from the crow’s perspective and even made the character more sympathetic.

    I really liked your third story as well! I wasn’t surprised at the ending, since I’ve actually read your retelling before (I think I had you in my blog comments group during week 2). I think it was a neat decision to give both parties’ perspectives on what happened, rather than just giving one.

    Anyways, well done overall! All three of your stories were interesting and well written!

    ReplyDelete