The Greek Myths by Ovid under the Classical Greece column sounds interesting. In one of my high school classes we tried to have a few weeks dedicated to Greek myths and folklores but no one was really interested. I glad I finally get to learn a bit about it.
The Cupid and Psyche fairy tale sounds really interesting. Beauty and the Beast was (and still is) my favorite Disney movie so I'm really excited about this one. Once I have time to read it, I will definitely look into Till We Have Faces.
Bible Women and Women Saints are two others I'm looking forward to reading. I didn't know Saint Martha was famous for being a dragon-slayor and how many women were disguised as men. Most of the time the bible focuses on the men so reading the roles the women had will be really interesting.
I also wanted to want to read The Cupid and Psyche fairytale because it is something that I grew up watching and really falling in love with the story! I think this would be a good read for the class because people are already interested in the original story so they would be more likely to want to be involved and engaged in this story.
ReplyDelete