Tejas Legends
Part A
When the Storm God Rides
I liked this story. I like how it tells how hurricanes got their name and why. I also like how it explained how Texas was formed and how it protects all of the birds.
How the North Wind Lost His Hair
I like how this story not only explains the origin of Spanish moss but also the seasons.
The Plant That Grows in Trees
This was a cute little story. I was surprised the bird was so nice haha.
The Cloud That Was Lost
This was pretty sad; that poor little cloud. The flowers are a bit selfish for drinking up the cloud until there was nothing left.
Part B
Why Hummingbirds Drink Only Dew
This kind of reminded me of the Tortoise and the Hare, but the hummingbird isn't as smug as the hare.
The Maiden Who Loved a Star
This is probably my favorite story for this section. This was so cute but also kind of dark for a children's tale. I'm really glad the witch didn't kill the girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment