I have noticed that as the weeks progress, my reading diaries are shorter and much less detailed. I am still reading the full thing but just not writing as much notes as I had been. I think it is partly because the stories are longer and some of them because I have no idea what the moral of it was. The Aesop ones were very easy to write about because they were so short and you could relate in some way. The Persian Fairy Tales were in no way relatable. I enjoyed reading them because they were so different and the weird endings were pretty funny, but I didn't know what to put in the reading diary. Another reason my reading diaries have gotten shorter is because school and my other classes have really picked up and have been going nonstop. I feel like I have learn how to write the diaries each week or for each new unit.
I think if I wrote all of my reading diaries as well or as detailed as my one for Aesop's unit, they would be much better and I would be able to look back on them and actually remember that part of the story more clearly. That unit I think my diary was just long enough and with enough detail.
I usually take the notes while I am reading but maybe writing them after would be helpful so that way I have more time to think about the ones I liked and why. It might also help me to remember them better. I can remember readings sometimes, but a lot of the times I feel like they all tend to run together, especially in some of my other classes. In my capstone, we read a lot about dystopian theories and ideology theories and it was difficult to remember who said what because they all kind of overlapped and ran together. That's how I feel in this class too sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment