Part A:
Arthur in the Cave
I was expecting the Welshman to be Arthur at first even though I read the notes. I think I was expecting something similar to the Disney version. The part when the sorcerer said that they had all been asleep for a thousand years kind of reminded me of Sleeping Beauty since I think that's how long they were all asleep too.
Why the Red Dragon is the Emblem of Wales
I really liked this story, especially since it talks about Merlin and dragons. I was hoping the story would be pretty focused on dragons. Even though it didn't, I still liked reading this story.
Helig's Hollow
This was a little confusing at certain parts. "She was loved and wooed by the son of one of the barons of Snowdon, and she loved him in return as much as she was capable of loving anyone other than Gwendud, the daughter of Helig. But she would not wed him because he had no golden collar." This sounds like Gwenhwyfar wouldn't marry this guy rather than Gwendud. Also, is Helig's Hollow now under water because of Rhun's dishonesty?
Part B:
This was a very random story. I don't really know what to make of it. It reminds me of another story but I can't remember what. Even though it says he didn't die, I really think he did since the water was clearer and he was able to breathe under water.
I don't get why he couldn't tell Betsi how he was getting money. The fairies never told him not to tell. Also, he didn't really tell her, she guessed and he confirmed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment