Grimm (LibriVox)
Part A:
The Frog Prince:
I don't remember the full details of the original, but I really liked this version! I would much rather let a frog eat from my plate and sleep on my pillow for three nights than have to kiss several ones before finding the prince. I just wonder how old she must have been to get married since she was crying over losing a ball.
Rapunzel
What is a rampion (rapunzel)? I know it's something edible but I was just wondering what exactly.
This version was pretty dark at certain points: the prince going blind and Rapunzel living in the desert, but I really liked the ending how her tears cure the prince's eyes. I was also wondering how she had twins and how long they had gone without seeing each other.
Briar Rose
Is this where the superstition of unlucky 13 comes from since the 13th fairy was the evil fairy? I was surprised that this is practically the exact same as the Disney version, other than a few minor details. I really like that this version had the prince and Briar Rose as complete strangers. It just sounds so crazy!
Part B:
The Twelve Huntsmen
Oh this is such a cute story! The ending was not what I was expecting at all. "Someone who had just found an old key did not require a new one." How sweet! I feel like so many of the love stories we've read end in some tragic death so this was a nice surprise!
The Twelve Dancing Princesses
This was quite an odd story. It just ended kind of suddenly with the soldier picking which of the twelve sisters would be his wife when he became king.
No comments:
Post a Comment