English Fairy Tales
Part A:
The Rose-Tree
What the heck?! This story is so absurd and creepy. Does the dad not care that his wife murdered his daughter and then tried to feed him her heart and liver? Also, how is a bird able to carry a millstone to kill her stepmother? That's pretty impressive.
The Old Woman and Her Pig
This reminds me of another story that I used for my portfolio. I like that it accumulates and then at the end it dissolves. It was all so much work to get a pig to jump over a stile, but at least the old woman made it home that night.
Part B:
Henny-Penny
All the silly names kind of make it difficult to read without getting tongue-tied but this story is still pretty cute. I like the accumulation stories because it always leads to a pretty interesting ending. This one was pretty funny! I like that Henny-Penny didn't even try to help her friends haha so loyal.
Fairy Ointment
I definitely was not expecting that ending. I understand that the ointment makes the Dame see the fairies but what does the ointment do for the baby fairy?
No comments:
Post a Comment